Saturday Seven: Binge Reading


One of the big buzzwords right now is "binge watching," but it is not a new concept. I've been a binge reader for as long as I can remember. Once I find a series I love, I have to go back and read ALL the books in that series. For my Saturday Seven, here are some series I have loved and bingeread (in no particular order):

.
I loved these books! This series set me on the path as a mystery lover! I loved the relationship she had with her best friends, Bess and George, not to mention her boyfriend Ned.

.
I received this set for Christmas one year. I was probably finished with it by New Year. Still one of my all-time favorite stories. I wanted to be Anne (minus the red hair). I'm waiting for the day when my granddaughters can enjoy this series.


This is one of my favorite series of all times and is one of the few books that I reread on a regular basis. I enjoyed the live action movies (not so much the animated version) and would love to see the entire series done a la The Hobbit. Which leads me to my next bingereading series.


One of my favorite series of all time! This is another one of the few books/series I try to reread on a regular basis. I always find something I missed previously.


This is the first fantasy I remember reading... way back in the day when it was new! It's been years since I've read this series. Putting in on my list now to re-read them.


Another series I read back in the day that I would like to revisit. I need to free up some time!

I was late to the party on this one, but it didn't take me long to get in full Outlander mode! I picked up the first book in 2003 (the original book was published in 1991...how I missed it, I'll never figure out, because it includes two of my favorites: Scotland and time travel). I checked out the first book, then went back and checked the rest of the series out three and four at a time!

And... there you have it. Not all my binge reaading, but the first seven that came to my mind. How about you? Do you binge read?

You can join the meme here.

Comments

  1. Nancy Drew for certain.... growing up, when Dad got me for the weekend, he'd take me directly from Mom's to buy a book. It was my special treat and always agonizing to choose just one from the store. I'd say 75% of the time, I'd buy a Nancy Drew book I didn't have. I still have them, and gave them to my kid when she could read. The hold up!

    And, well ... we won't talk about Outlander. Heh.

    Here's mine: http://www.mariannearkins.com/saturday-seven-keepers/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it would be so nice to have films or a TV show that followed The Chronicles of Narnia all the way through to the end of The Last Battle. I hope it will happen someday.

    This is my Saturday Seven post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not read any on your list except a few of the Nancy Drew mysteries.
    As for binge reading a whole series .... Does Harlequin books count? LOL - 50 in 35 days - ;)

    But if I had to say a true binge would be reading the first 10 of Christine Feehan's Carpathians, the Dark series. I recently binged on 10 of them around Christmas and it was awesome! I forgot how great the early ones were! :)

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pern seems to be a favorite. Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment